Discover how easy it is to make this favorite summer-fair treat, fried OREO Cookies, at home. The cookies are dipped in batter, fried and sprinkled with sugar for a fun dessert. Enjoy!
Prep time20 min
ServingsMakes 36 servings.
- Vegetable oil
- 2 cups baking mix
- 36 OREO Cookies
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Heat 2 inches oil in deep fryer to 375°F. Cover baking sheet with double layer of paper towels.
- Prepare baking mix batter as directed on package for pancakes.
- Dip 2 or 3 cookies, 1 at a time, into pancake batter. Carefully add to hot oil; cook 3 min. or until golden brown, turning occasionally.
- Remove "doughnuts" from oil with slotted spoon; drain on prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining cookies; cool completely.
- Sprinkle evenly with sugar before serving.
- How to Fry Without a Deep Fryer
Substitute a Dutch oven or large saucepan for the deep fryer.
Prepare using your favorite variety of OREO Cookies, such as Golden OREO Cookies.
Omit the powdered sugar. Instead melt 2 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate; drizzle over the cooled "doughnuts." Then, sprinkle evenly with 2 Tbsp. colored sprinkles.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 5g|
|Saturated fat 1g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 6g|
|Added sugars 5g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|