OREO "Cupcake" Cone Torches
Looking for a kid friendly patriotic dessert? These yummy vanilla and chocolate sandwich cookie cupcakes baked right inside ice cream cones are both fun and functional.
Prep time30 min
Total time3hr 30min
ServingsMakes 24 servings, 1 cupcake cone each.
- 24 ice cream cone cups
- 22 OREO Cookies, divided
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 1 pkg. (4 oz.) semi-sweet baking chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 4½ cups thawed frozen whipped topping
- 3 Tbsp. multi-colored sprinkles (red, white and blue)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Stand COMET Cups in large shallow baking pan with sides of cups almost touching.
- Chop 10 cookies. Prepare cake batter as directed on package; stir in chopped cookies. Spoon evenly into COMET Cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, microwave semi-sweet chocolate and whipping cream in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 45 sec. to 1 min. or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended when stirred. Finely chop remaining cookies.
- Dip tops of cakes into melted chocolate; sprinkle finely chopped cookies evenly around edges of cakes. Refrigerate 15 min. or until melted chocolate is firm.
- Spoon whipped topping into pastry bag fitted with desired decorating tip. Use to pipe whipped topping onto cakes, then top with sprinkles to resemble torches.
Prepare using orange, red and yellow sprinkles.
Prepare using your favorite variety of OREO Cookies and/or cake mix.
- Special Extra
Divide whipped topping evenly into 3 bowls. Tint whipped topping in 1 bowl with 1/8 tsp. orange gel or paste food coloring. Repeat with remaining whipped topping and red and yellow food colorings to tint whipped topping in one bowl red and whipped topping in the other bowl yellow. Spoon each colored whipped topping into separate pastry bag fitted with decorating tip. Place all bags in large resealable plastic bag, positioning all 3 tips in one bottom corner of bag. Use to pipe whipped topping onto cakes, then top with sprinkles as directed.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 12g|
|Saturated fat 6g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 23g|
|Added sugars 21g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|