OREO Crunch Football Cookies
A fun dessert idea that is portable, too? These no bake, chocolate and peanut butter cookies are fun to make - and perfect for tailgating!
Prep time45 min
Total time1hr 45min
ServingsMakes 24 servings, 1 cookie each.
- 24 OREO Cookies
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- 24 miniature pretzel twists
- 24 small ridged potato chips
- 1 pkg. (4 oz.) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 2 Tbsp. white decorating icing
- Separate cookies, leaving creme filling on one half of each cookie. Place cookie halves, top sides down, in single layer on parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Spread peanut butter onto plain cookie halves; set aside. Top creme-topped cookie halves with pretzels and potato chips; cover with peanut butter-topped cookie halves, peanut butter sides down. Gently press cookie halves together to secure.
- Spread melted chocolate onto tops of cookie sandwiches. Let stand 20 min. or until chocolate is firm. Decorate with white icing to resemble footballs. Let stand until icing is firm.
Prepare recipe as directed, substituting melted green candy melts for the semi-sweet chocolate. Decorate with white icing to resemble football fields instead of footballs.
Omit the peanut butter, potato chips and pretzels. Combine 1/3 cup marshmallow creme and 3/4 cup fruit-flavored sweetened rice cereal. Separate cookies as directed. Top bottom sides of plain cookie halves with cereal mixture; cover with creme-topped cookie halves, creme sides down. Gently press top cookie halves into cereal mixture to secure. Melt 1 oz. white baking chocolate as directed on package. Dip 1 end of each of 24 wooden pop sticks into melted chocolate; insert dipped end of stick into filling in each cookie sandwich. Return to baking sheet. Spread melted semi-sweet chocolate onto tops of cookie sandwiches. Decorate with white icing to resemble footballs. Let stand until frosting is firm.
- How to Make Football Cookie Pops
Omit peanut butter, potato chips and pretzels. Melt 1-1/2 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet chocolate (6 oz.) as directed on package. Use 1/3 of the melted chocolate to attach wooden pop sticks to bottom sides of plain cookie halves. Cover with creme-topped cookie halves, creme sides down. Gently press creme-topped cookie halves into melted chocolate to secure. Spread remaining melted chocolate onto tops of cookie sandwiches. Let stand 20 min. or until firm. Decorate with white icing as directed.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7g|
|Saturated fat 2g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber <1g|
|Total sugars 8g|
|Added sugars 8g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|