OREO Cookie Ball Basketballs
Perfect for a 3-point shot, these fun, bite sized cookie balls are dipped in orange candy coating and decorated like mini basketballs.
Prep time40 min
Total time2hr 0min
ServingsMakes 48 servings.
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed
- 16 oz. orange candy coating wafers, melted
- 2 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended; shape into 48 (1-inch) balls. Place on waxed paper-covered rimmed baking sheet. Refrigerate 20 min.
- Dip balls in candy coating, turning to evenly coat each ball. Return to baking sheet.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over cookie balls to resemble the seams on basketballs.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Keep refrigerated.
- Size Wise
Sweets can be part of a balanced diet but remember to keep tabs on portions.
Omit the orange candy coating wafers. Instead melt 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) white baking chocolate, then tint it with a few drops EACH red and yellow food coloring. Use to coat cookie balls as directed.
- How to Easily Dip the Cookie Balls
Keep the cookie balls refrigerated until ready to dip in the melted candy coating. Then add balls, in small batches, to bowl of melted candy coating. Use 2 forks to roll balls in coating until balls are evenly coated on all sides. Remove balls with forks, letting excess coating drip back into bowl before returning balls to the prepared baking sheet. Let stand until candy coating is firm.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 8g|
|Saturated fat 5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 11g|
|Added sugars 10g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|