OREO Coconut-Chocolate Cream Pie
A chocolate and coconut refrigerated pudding filling is surrounded by an OREO Cookie and toasted coconut crust for a luscious dessert.
Prep time30 min
Total time3hr 30min
ServingsMakes 10 servings.
- 21 OREO Cookies, divided
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup sweetened flaked coconut, divided
- 2 pkg. (4-serving size each) chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup half-and-half
- 2 tsp. coconut extract
- 2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping, divided
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Reserve 1 cookie for later use. Finely crush remaining cookies; place in medium bowl. Add butter and 1/2 cup coconut; mix well.
- Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake 8 min.; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, toast remaining coconut; cool completely.
- Beat pudding mixes, milk, half-and-half and coconut extract in large bowl with whisk 2 min. Gently stir in 1 cup whipped topping. Spoon into crust.
- Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Top pie with remaining whipped topping, toasted coconut and reserved cookie just before serving.
Prepare as directed, increasing milk to 2-1/2 cups and omitting half-and-half.
Prepare using your favorite variety of chocolate instant pudding mixes, such as white chocolate.
- How to Toast the Flaked Coconut
Toasting coconut is easy. Just spread the sweetened flaked coconut evenly onto bottom of shallow pan. Bake in 350°F oven 7 to 10 min. or until coconut is lightly browned, stirring frequently. Or, spread coconut onto bottom of microwaveable pie plate. Microwave on HIGH 3 min. or until coconut is lightly browned, stirring after each minute. Watch carefully as the coconut can easily burn!
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 16g|
|Saturated fat 10g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 31g|
|Added sugars 19g|
|Vitamin A||8 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||2 %DV|