OREO Chocolate Brooms
Prep time10 min
ServingsMakes 2 servings, 2 cookies each.
- 4 OREO Chocolate Creme Cookies
- Twist the top and bottom halves of each cookie in opposite directions to separate the cookie halves, leaving all the creme on one half of each cookie.
- Carve the chocolate creme to resemble a broom shape as shown in photo, using a small metal spatula, toothpick or wooden skewer. Reserve the removed creme for later use.
- Press the tines of a fork gently into the creme at bottom of broom shape as shown in photo. Cut a small amount of the reserved creme into 4 (1/4-inch-long) strips, then add to broom handles.
- Use the toothpick to decorate the broom handles as shown in photo.
- Hints on Twisting the Cookies Apart
Twist the cookies apart gently in a back-and-forth motion to release one cookie half from the creme. Or, you can use a small metal spatula to scrape the creme close to one half of the cookie. Any creme remaining on the plain cookie halves can be spread onto the creme-topped cookie halves. If desired, you can scrape off and discard any creme smudges with the spatula, skewer or toothpick.
Prepare this recipe using OREO Peanut Butter Creme Cookies.