OREO Caramel-Dipped Apples
Caramel-dipped apples are rolled in chopped chocolate sandwich cookies and drizzled with white chocolate for a special autumn treat.
Prep time30 min
Total time1hr 20min
ServingsMakes 5 servings.
- 5 apples (1-1/2 lb.), washed, well dried
- 1 pkg. (11 oz.) caramels
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 12 OREO Cookies, coarsely chopped
- 1 oz. white baking chocolate
- Insert wooden pop stick into stem end of each apple.
- Cook caramels and water in saucepan on medium-low heat until caramels are completely melted, stirring frequently.
- Dip apples, 1 at a time, in caramel, then spoon enough of the remaining caramel over apple until completely coated. Roll in chopped cookies, pressing cookies gently into caramel to secure. Place on waxed-paper-covered baking sheet; let stand 25 min. or until caramel is firm.
- Melt chocolate as directed on package; cool slightly. Drizzle over apples; let stand 10 min. or until firm.
Caramel apples are a special treat that are fun to make with children. Keep an eye on the serving size as you enjoy this rich dessert.
- How to Store
Store caramel apples in refrigerator up to 2 days.
- Special Extra
White chocolate can be tinted orange before drizzling over caramel apples. Melt white chocolate as directed, then stir in 4 drops yellow food coloring and 1 drop red food coloring. Cool slightly before drizzling over caramel-dipped apples.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 12g|
|Saturated fat 6g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 4g|
|Total sugars 73g|
|Added sugars 45g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||10 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|