Surprise your kids with these fun cookies! Adorn your favorite chocolate sandwich cookies with a few simple decorations and they become almost too cute to eat!
Prep time30 min
ServingsMakes 12 servings, 1 topped cookie each.
- 12 OREO Cookies
- 3 oz. yellow candy coating wafers (about 1/2 cup), melted
- 12 marshmallows, cut diagonally in half
- 2 Tbsp. gold or silver colored sugar
- 24 mini candy button eyes (about 2 Tbsp.)
- Separate cookies, leaving creme filling on one half of each cookie. Place creme-topped cookie halves, creme sides up, in single layer on work surface. Place remaining cookies halves, top sides up, on waxed paper-covered baking sheet.
- Spoon candy coating into disposable decorating bag. Cut tip of bag; use to draw lines on plain cookie halves as shown in photo. Refrigerate 10 min. or until candy coating is firm. Meanwhile, flatten marshmallows slightly; dip cut sides of marshmallows into colored sugar.
- Place marshmallows on creme-topped cookie halves for the bumblebees' wings as shown in photo. Attach candy eyes to the striped cookie halves, securing eyes to cookies with some of the remaining candy coating.
- Place decorated cookie halves on top of the bumblebee bodies, arranging so the wings jut out, using remaining candy coating to secure cookie halves to each other. Let stand until candy coating is firm.
Substitute 12 white-chocolate coated mini pretzel twists or 24 chocolate nonpareils for the marshmallow wings.
Prepare using any color of sugar. Or, omit the colored sugar.
- How to Easily Cut Marshmallows
Use kitchen shears to cut the marshmallows in half. After each cut, carefully wipe the shear blades with a damp paper towel to clean if needed.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 4.5g|
|Saturated fat 2.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 16g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|