OREO-Boston Cream Basketball Cupcakes
Game time desserts can be both themed and delicious! Boston cream cupcakes with an OREO Cookie crust are easily decorated for the big basketball game.
Prep time15 min
Total time1hr 15min
ServingsMakes 24 servings.
- 24 OREO Cookies
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. orange colored sugar
- 1 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- Place 1 cookie in each of 24 paper-lined muffin pan cups. Prepare cake batter as directed on package; spoon over cookies. Bake cupcakes as directed on package. Cool in pans 5 min. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, beat dry pudding mix and next 4 ingredients in large bowl with mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spoon pudding mixture into pastry bag fitted with round tip. Insert decorating tip into center of each cupcake, then squeeze to fill inside of cupcake with pudding mixture. Pipe remaining pudding mixture onto tops of cupcakes.
- Dip tops of cupcakes into orange sugar. Spoon melted chocolate into separate pastry bag fitted with clean round tip; use to pipe chocolate onto tops of cupcakes to resemble basketballs.
- How to Store
Keep filled and frosted cupcakes refrigerated.
- Make Ahead
The cupcakes can be baked ahead of time. Store cooled cupcakes in airtight container at room temperature up to 2 days before filling and decorating as directed.
Omit whipping cream, sugar, sour cream and vanilla. Pour 2 cups milk into large bowl. Add pudding mix; beat with whisk 2 min. Gently stir in 1 (8-oz.) container thawed frozen whipped topping. Fill and frost tops of cupcakes using pudding mixture, then continue as directed.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 15g|
|Saturated fat 7g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber <1g|
|Total sugars 20g|
|Added sugars 15g|
|Vitamin A||10 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||2 %DV|