Crisp twice-baked Italian cookies are flecked with chopped chocolate sandwich cookies for a twist on a dessert classic. Serve with coffee for dunking.
Prep time30 min
Total time1hr 24min
ServingsMakes 32 servings, 1 biscotti each.
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 16 OREO Cookies, coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Add flour, baking powder and salt; mix well. Stir in chopped cookies. Divide dough in half. Use floured hands to shape each half into 9x3-inch loaf on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 25 to 30 min. or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 10 min. Cut each loaf diagonally into 16 (1/2-inch-thick) slices. Place slices, cut sides up, on same baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 min. on each side or until lightly toasted on both sides. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Drizzle cooled biscotti with melted chocolate.
Looking for something sweet? Enjoy a biscotti with a hot cup of freshly brewed coffee.
- Special Extra
For an especially festive look, substitute 1 oz. white chocolate for 1 oz. of semi-sweet chocolate; drizzle the 2 different chocolates over the cooled biscotti.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 4g|
|Saturated fat 2g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 9g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|