OREO Basketballs and Hoops Ice Cream Sandwiches
A clever cutout of purchased ice cream sandwiches gives you these fun basketball themed desserts in just 15 minutes. They'll be a big hit at halftime!
Prep time15 min
Total time1hr 15min
ServingsMakes 12 servings.
- 12 vanilla ice cream sandwiches (3-1/2x2 inch)
- 12 OREO Cookies, crushed
- 3 drops EACH red and yellow food coloring
- ½ cup thawed frozen whipped topping
- 1 Tbsp. EACH black and white decorating icing or gel
- Use 2-inch cookie cutter or sharp knife to cut 2-inch round from 1 end of each ice cream sandwich for the basketballs. Discard 2 small trimmed corners from "ball end" of each ice cream sandwich. Place basketballs and remaining large ice cream sandwich pieces in single layer on waxed paper-covered baking sheet
- Spoon cookie crumbs into pie plate. Dip cut edges of each ice cream sandwich piece, 1 at a time, into crumbs, turning as needed to evenly coat all sides with crumbs. Return to baking sheet. Press crumbs gently into ice cream to secure. Freeze 30 min. or until firm.
- Stir food colorings into whipped topping; spread over basketballs. Decorate with black decorating icing as shown in photo. Use white decorating icing to decorate remaining ice cream sandwich pieces to resemble basketball hoops as shown in photo. Freeze 30 min. or until firm.
Omit the white decorating icing. Instead, decorate the hoops with additional untinted (white) whipped topping.
Substitute red and yellow food coloring pastes for the drops of food colorings.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 10g|
|Saturated fat 5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 19g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|