OREO Banana Cream Pie
Prep time30 min
Total time4hr 30min
ServingsMakes 12 servings.
- 20 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 1-3/4 cups)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 ripe, but firm bananas, sliced
- 1 cup thawed frozen whipped topping
- Additional OREO Cookies, for garnish
- Combine crushed cookies and butter in bowl. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up side of a 9-inch pie plate. Refrigerate.
- Add half-and-half, egg yolks, sugar and cornstarch to 2-qt. saucepan and whisk until the mixture is smooth and cornstarch is dissolved. Place on medium heat and bring to a simmer, whisking constantly; cook until thickened, about 15 min. Once thick, like pudding, remove from heat and stir in vanilla and 2 Tbsp. butter.
- Place half of the sliced bananas in the bottom of prepared crust. Top with half of the pudding; repeat layers.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until set. Top with whipped topping just before serving. Garnish with OREO Cookies.
Prepare using 2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) vanilla instant pudding mix, prepared as directed on package using 2-3/4 cups half-and-half, in place of the homemade custard.
- Serving Suggestion
Serve with a cup of hot brewed coffee.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 19g|
|Saturated fat 11g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 25g|
|Vitamin A||10 %DV|
|Vitamin C||6 %DV|