Old-Fashioned Baked Mac & Cheese
Even the name oozes warmth and goodness. But this new-fashioned version puts a spin on the traditional with tasty extras such as tomatoes and crushed crackers.
Prep time5 min
- 1 pkg. (7-1/4 oz.) macaroni and cheese dinner
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
- ¼ cup Italian dressing
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 20 RITZ Crackers, crushed (about 1 cup)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Add Macaroni to large saucepan of boiling water; cook 6 min. or until tender. Drain. Stir in milk and Cheese Sauce Mix.
- Pour into greased 8-inch square baking dish. Mix tomatoes and dressing. Top macaroni mixture with tomato mixture. Drizzle butter over cracker crumbs; toss with fork. Sprinkle over tomatoes.
- Bake 15 min. or until heated through and crumbs are golden.
You can replace the crushed crackers with 1 cup fresh bread crumbs. Just process day-old bread in food processor container until fine crumbs form; continue with recipe as directed.
Omit tomatoes and dressing, if desired. Top prepared macaroni mixture with buttered crumbs. Bake as directed.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 17g|
|Saturated fat 7g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 10g|
|Vitamin A||20 %DV|
|Vitamin C||15 %DV|