NUTTER BUTTER Monster Cereal Balls
Kid friendly desserts are key to a great Halloween party, and these will be a favorite! Easy to make using purchased candy eyes, you'll have a plate of monsters in no time!
Prep time20 min
ServingsMakes 24 servings.
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) marshmallows
- 1 tsp. green food coloring gel
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 15 NUTTER BUTTER Cookies (peanut shape), chopped, divided
- ¼ cup mixed jumbo, large and mini candy button eyes
- ⅓ cup purple decorating icing or gel
- 3 Tbsp. Halloween sprinkles
- Microwave butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 45 sec. or until melted. Add marshmallows; toss to coat. Microwave 1-1/2 min. or until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 45 sec.
- Stir in food coloring until well blended. Add cereal; mix well. Add 3/4 of the chopped cookies; mix just until combined.
- Shape cereal mixture into 24 balls, using about 1/3 cup cereal mixture for each ball. Add a few of the remaining cookie pieces and some candy button eyes to each ball as shown in photo, pressing cookie pieces and eyes into cereal mixture to secure. Cool.
- Decorate cereal balls with decorating icing and sprinkles to resemble monsters as shown in photo.
Prepare using purple food coloring gel and green decorating icing or gel.
- Make it Easy
Instead of shaping the cereal mixture into balls, scoop the cereal mixture into mounds on parchment-covered baking sheet, using about 1/3 cup cereal mixture for each mound. Decorate as directed.
Prepare recipe using miniature marshmallows.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 4g|
|Saturated fat 1.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 15g|
|Added sugars 15g|
|Vitamin A||8 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|
|Vitamin D||2 %DV|