NUTTER BUTTER Marshmallow Crunch Bars
Traditional rice cereal treats get an extreme upgrade with the addition of peanut butter, peanut butter cookies and honey roasted peanuts.
Prep time15 min
Total time1hr 15min
ServingsMakes 27 servings.
- 27 NUTTER BUTTER Cookies (peanut shape)
- 3 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) marshmallows
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- 2 oz. (1/2 of 4-oz. pkg.) semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1 Tbsp. multi-colored sprinkles
- Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides; spray with cooking spray. Starting at one short side of prepared pan, place cookies in 3 rows of 9 cookies each.
- Microwave peanut butter and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 45 sec. or until butter is melted; stir until mixture is well blended.
- Add marshmallows; toss to coat. Microwave 1-1/2 min. or until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 45 sec. Add cereal and nuts; mix well.
- Press cereal mixture evenly over cookie layer on bottom of pan; cool.
- Melt chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over dessert. Top with sprinkles. Let stand 15 min. until chocolate is firm.
- Use foil handles to remove dessert from pan before cutting (between cookies) into 27 bars to serve.
- Special Extra
Serve some of the bars cookie sides up.
- Special Extra
Substitute white baking chocolate for half of the semi-sweet chocolate. Melt chocolates separately, then drizzle over top of dessert as directed.
Use sprinkles in the color(s) of your favorite sports team.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 8g|
|Saturated fat 2g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 14g|
|Added sugars 14g|
|Vitamin A||6 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|
|Vitamin D||2 %DV|