NUTTER BUTTER Game Day Buckeye Bars
Make and freeze these layered bar cookies up to a month before the game, then celebrate game day with a chocolate and peanut butter classic.
Prep time30 min
Total time4hr 55min
ServingsMakes 48 servings, 1 bar each.
- 24 NUTTER BUTTER Cookies (peanut shape), divided
- 3 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, divided
- 1 jar (16.3 oz.) creamy peanut butter (1-3/4 cups)
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Separate 12 cookies to make 24 halves; place, top sides down, in single layer on bottom of prepared pan.
- Melt 8 oz. chocolate as directed on package; spread over cookies in pan until completely covered. Refrigerate 10 min. or until chocolate is firm.
- Chop 4 of the remaining cookies; reserve for later use. Crush remaining cookies into fine crumbs.
- Beat peanut butter and butter in medium bowl with mixer until blended. Add cookie crumbs; mix well. Gradually beat in sugar. Drop peanut butter mixture by large spoonfuls over chocolate layer in pan; spread to evenly cover chocolate.
- Chop remaining chocolate; place in microwaveable bowl. Add cream. Microwave on HIGH 1 to 1-1/2 min. or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring every 30 sec. Cool 15 min., stirring occasionally until chocolate mixture is thickened.
- Spread chocolate mixture evenly over peanut butter layer; sprinkle with reserved chopped cookies. Refrigerate 4 hours. Use foil handles to remove dessert from pan before cutting into bars.
- Special Extra
Top with 3 Tbsp. football-themed sprinkles in addition to the chopped cookies when serving at your Game Day party.
These delicious bars can be prepared ahead of time. Freeze in airtight container up to 1 month. Thaw in refrigerator overnight before serving.
- How to Store
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 11g|
|Saturated fat 4.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 11g|
|Added sugars 11g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|