NUTTER BUTTER Cookie Bars
Chocolate chip cookie mix gets baked with chopped peanut butter cookies, then drizzled with melted chocolate for a delicious, yet simple, dessert.
Prep time30 min
Total time1hr 30min
ServingsMakes 36 servings.
- 18 NUTTER BUTTER Cookies (peanut shape), coarsely chopped, divided
- 2 pkg. (17.5 oz. each) chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides; spray with cooking spray. Reserve 1/2 cup chopped cookies for later use.
- Prepare cookie mixes in large bowl as directed on package; stir in cinnamon and remaining chopped cookies.
- Press cookie dough onto bottom of prepared pan. Top with reserved chopped cookies; press lightly into dough.
- Bake 25 to 30 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; cool completely.
- Use foil handles to remove dessert from pan. Melt semi-sweet chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over dessert. Let stand until firm before cutting dessert into bars to serve.
- Special Extra
If serving at a football party, decorate the bars to resemble footballs. Drizzle melted chocolate over each bar to resemble the laces on a football.
- How to Cut the Recipe in Half
Prepare recipe as directed, using 9 NUTTER BUTTER Cookies, 1 pkg. cookie mix, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and 1/2 oz. baking chocolate. Also, reduce the measure of chopped cookies from 1/2 cup to 1/4 cup.
Instead of using the purchased cookie mixes, you can prepare this recipe using 6 cups of your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 14g|
|Saturated fat 6g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber <1g|
|Total sugars 16g|
|Added sugars 16g|
|Vitamin A||6 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|