NUTTER BUTTER® Chocolate Bars
Prep time20 min
Total time1hr 20min
ServingsMakes 24 servings, 1 bar each.
- 18 NUTTER BUTTER Cookies (peanut shape), divided
- 1½ pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate (6 oz.), divided
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup boiling water
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- Crush 12 of the cookies until fine crumbs form; set aside. Microwave 3 oz. chocolate and butter in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 45 sec. to 1 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Stir in the crushed cookies. Place in 9-inch square pan; press firmly onto bottom of pan.
- Combine dry pudding mix and sugar in medium bowl. Gradually add boiling water, stirring until well blended. Add peanut butter; mix well. Spread to evenly cover bottom of crust.
- Melt remaining 3 oz. chocolate according to package directions. Carefully spread over the pudding mixture. Coarsely chop remaining 6 cookies; sprinkle over chocolate layer. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until set. Cut into 24 bars to serve. Store leftover bars in refrigerator.
For a crunchier treat, prepare as directed using crunchy peanut butter.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 9g|
|Saturated fat 3.5g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 17g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|