NUTTER BUTTER-Candy Corn Blondies
This dessert recipe will welcome fall with festive homemade bars filled with peanut butter cookies and peanuts and topped with candy corn.
Prep time25 min
ServingsMakes 30 servings.
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1½ cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup salted peanuts, chopped
- 12 NUTTER BUTTER Cookies (peanut shape), coarsely chopped, divided
- ½ cup candy corn
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides; spray with cooking spray.
- Combine flour and baking powder. Mix butter and sugar in large bowl until blended. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Stir in flour mixture.
- Add nuts and half the chopped cookies; mix well. Pour into prepared pan. Top with remaining chopped cookies; press into batter with back of spoon.
- Bake 20 min. Top with candy corn; press gently into top of brownie with back of spoon to secure.
- Bake 2 to 4 min. or until top is lightly browned and edges of dessert start to pull away from sides of pan; cool completely.
- Use foil handles to remove dessert from pan before cutting into bars.
Use a long serrated knife to cut the dessert into bars. The serrated blade will make it easier to cut through the candy corn pieces on top of dessert.
- Special Extra
Melt 1 oz. white baking chocolate, or 1 oz. yellow or orange candy coating wafers as directed on package. Drizzle over cooled dessert. Let stand until firm before cutting dessert into bars.
Substitute 1/3 cup peanut butter chips for the chopped peanuts.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 8g|
|Saturated fat 4.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 15g|
|Added sugars 15g|
|Vitamin A||6 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|