NUTTER BUTTER Black Cats
Turn purchased peanut butter cookies into a purr-fect dessert for Halloween or any kid party with these fun cat decorated cookies that kids can help with!
Prep time30 min
ServingsMakes 12 servings.
- ⅓ cup black candy coating wafers (about 2 oz.)
- 12 NUTTER BUTTER Cookies (peanut shape)
- 36 miniature candy-coated chocolate pieces (24 green, 12 orange)
- 72 pieces red string licorice (1 inch)
- 24 milk chocolate chips (about 2 Tbsp.)
- Microwave candy coating wafers in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min.; stir until smooth. Spread onto cookies. Place in single layer on parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Decorate with green candy-coated chocolate pieces for the cats' eyes, and orange candy-coated chocolate pieces for the noses. Add licorice pieces for the whiskers.
- Dip bottoms of chocolate chips, 1 at a time, in remaining melted candy coating. Add to cookies for the ears. Refrigerate 5 min. or until candy coating is firm.
- Jazz it Up
To add bodies to the cats' heads, prepare recipe as directed. Melt additional 1/3 cup black candy coating wafers as directed; spread onto tops of 12 additional NUTTER BUTTER Cookies. Let stand 5 min. or until firm. Cut 12-inch-long piece of black string licorice into 12 (1-inch) lengths. Insert one end of each licorice piece into filling in each of the cookies. Dip tops of 48 mini chocolate-coated candies in remaining melted candy melts. Place, dipped sides up and in 12 groups of 4 candies each, on parchment-covered baking sheet. Top with cookies. Let stand 5 min. Stand each cat head on its side and place at end of each cat body.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 5g|
|Saturated fat 2.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 10g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|