NILLA Harvest "Cake" Bites
These stunning bite size no bake desserts stack up vanilla wafers with apple butter, then cover them with a sweet candy coating.
Prep time30 min
Total time7hr 0min
ServingsMakes 12 servings.
- 36 NILLA Wafers, divided
- 1 Tbsp. apple juice
- ⅓ cup apple butter
- 4 oz. EACH white candy coating wafers and milk chocolate candy coating wafers (about 3/4 cup each)
- Assorted decorations: colored sprinkles, small round candies, coarse sugar, decorating icings, Thanksgiving- or Harvest-themed sprinkles, orange and yellow nonpareils and/or additional melted vanilla candy wafers tinted orange and yellow
- Brush flat sides of 24 NILLA Wafers evenly with 2 tsp. juice, then spread with apple butter.
- Place remaining wafers, rounded sides up, on wax paper-covered baking sheet; brush with remaining juice. Top each with 2 apple butter-topped wafers, apple butter sides down.
- Refrigerate 6 hours or until firm enough to handle.
- Melt white candy coating wafers as directed on package. Dip 12 NILLA stacks, one at a time, into melted candy coating, turning to evenly coat all sides of each stack with candy coating. Return to baking sheet. Add decorations as desired.
- Repeat with milk chocolate candy coating, remaining wafer stacks and decorations.
- Refrigerate 30 min. or until candy coating is firm. Keep refrigerated.
- Size Wise
Allow yourself both the time and attention to savor the flavor of this sweet treat.
Prepare using 1 pkg. (4 oz.) EACH white and semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted as directed on package, and/or substituting pumpkin butter for the apple butter.
- For Easier Dipping
Some brands of candy coating wafers melt to a thicker consistency than others. If the brand you are using is not smooth enough for easy dipping when microwaved as directed, stir up to 1 tsp. oil into the 4 oz. melted candy coating until coating is of desired dipping consistency. If melted candy coating becomes too firm for easy dipping as it sits, reheat in microwave just until warmed before using to coat the wafer stacks. For best results, keep the stacked cakes refrigerated until ready to dip them in the melted candy coating wafers. And remove just a few stacks from the refrigerator at a time.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 8g|
|Saturated fat 6g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 23g|
|Added sugars 21g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|