NILLA Gingerbread Mousse Christmas Tree
Looking for a fun Christmas centerpiece? This recipe does double duty! Enjoy both gingerbread mousse dessert bites and a fun holiday tree!
Prep time45 min
Total time3hr 45min
ServingsMakes 23 servings.
- 69 NILLA Wafers, divided
- 2 oz. green candy coating wafers, melted
- 2 tsp. multi-colored nonpareils (green, red and white)
- ¼ tsp. chocolate sprinkles
- 1 small yellow gumdrop, flattened, then cut into star shape
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ tsp. ground ginger
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Cover baking sheet with parchment. Dip tops of 23 wafers, 1 at a time, into melted candy coating, then place, dipped sides up, on prepared baking sheet. Immediately top 20 coated wafers with nonpareils, top 2 of the remaining dipped wafers with chocolate sprinkles, and top remaining dipped wafer with gumdrop star. Reserve for later use.
- Arrange 21 of the remaining wafers, top sides up, in 6 descending rows on large platter to resemble a Christmas tree as shown in photo. Add 2 of the remaining wafers at bottom of tree for the trunk.
- Beat pudding mix, spices and milk in large bowl with whisk 2 min. Stir in whipped topping; spoon into pastry bag. Pipe half the pudding mixture over wafers on platter. Repeat layers of wafers and pudding mixture, using the remaining untopped wafers.
- Cover with third row of reserved dipped wafers as shown in photo. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Great Substitute
Substitute 1/3 cup canned green vanilla-flavored frosting for the melted wafers. Spoon frosting into small microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 10 to 15 sec. or just until softened. (Do not microwave frosting until melted.) Stir until frosting is of glaze-like consistency. Use to coat tops of 23 wafers, then decorate as directed.
- How to Make the Gumdrop Star
Use rolling pin to flatten gumdrop into 1/8-inch thickness. To prevent the gumdrop from sticking to the rolling pin, sprinkle the gumdrop lightly with sugar before rolling out. Use a small cookie cutter or sharp knife to cut the gumdrop into the star shape.
Substitute a small star-shaped candy or starlight mint for the gumdrop star.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 5g|
|Saturated fat 3g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 12g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|