NILLA Flag Bites
Prep time30 min
ServingsMakes 12 servings, 2 wafer sandwiches each
- 3 oz. red candy coating wafers
- 1½ tsp. oil, divided
- 1 oz. blue candy coating wafers
- 48 NILLA Wafers
- ½ cup ready-to-spread white frosting
- 1 oz. white candy coating wafers, melted
- Microwave red candy wafers and 1 tsp. oil in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min. or until wafers are completely melted, stirring every 30 sec. Repeat in separate bowl with blue candy wafers and remaining oil.
- Dip top sides of 20 NILLA Wafers, 1 at a time, in melted red candy wafers; place, dipped sides up, in single layer on parchment-covered baking sheet. Repeat with 4 of the remaining NILLA Wafers and melted blue candy wafers. Let stand 10 min or until firm.
- Spread flat (bottom) sides of uncoated wafers with frosting; top with red- and blue-coated wafers, coated sides up, to make 24 wafer sandwiches. Arrange on platter as shown in photo to resemble US flag.
- Spoon melted white candy wafers into resealable plastic. Cut small piece off one bottom corner of bag; use to add dots to blue-coated wafers to resemble stars. Use remaining melted white wafers to add stripes. Refrigerate 5 min. or until firm.
- Make Ahead
These fun patriotic treats can be prepared ahead of time. Store in airtight container at room temperature or in refrigerator up to 5 days before serving.
- Special Extra
Any remaining melted coating can be used to coat the bottom of the wafer sandwiches.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 8g|
|Saturated fat 4.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 21g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|