NILLA Chocolate-Banana Sandwiches
Vanilla wafers are filled with homemade banana jam then dipped in chocolate and sprinkles for delicious bite size cookie sandwiches.
Prep time60 min
Total time1hr 30min
ServingsMakes 24 servings, 1 wafer sandwich each.
- 2 fully ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 pkg. (4 oz.) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted, divided
- 48 NILLA Wafers
- 3 Tbsp. multi-colored sprinkles (red, white and green)
- Combine bananas, sugar, orange juice, lemon juice and salt in medium saucepan; bring to boil on medium heat, stirring frequently. Simmer on medium-low heat 10 to 15 min. or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Spoon 1/2 cup prepared banana jam into bowl. Refrigerate 30 min. or until cooled. Meanwhile, refrigerate remaining jam in separate bowl until ready to use as desired. (See Tip.)
- Cover baking sheet with parchment. Spread thin layer of melted chocolate onto flat side of each wafer; place, chocolate side up, on prepared baking sheet. Let stand 5 min.
- Spoon 1 tsp. of the cooled 1/2 cup banana jam onto center of each of 24 of the wafers; cover with remaining wafers, chocolate coated sides down, to make 24 wafer sandwiches.
- Dip sandwiches, 1 at a time, halfway into remaining melted chocolate; return to baking sheet. Top with sprinkles.
- Refrigerate 30 min. or until chocolate is firm. Keep refrigerated.
- How to Use the Remaining Banana Jam
Use remaining banana jam to make peanut butter and jam sandwiches; as a topping for pancakes, waffles or ice cream; or as a spread for your favorite crackers or NILLA Wafers.
These fun treats can be refrigerated up to 1 week before serving.
Substitute 1/2 cup purchased banana jam for the homemade jam needed to prepare this recipe. Look for it online or at specialty food stores. Or, prepare this recipe using your favorite flavor of fruit jam, such as apricot, blackberry or raspberry.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 3g|
|Saturated fat 1.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber <1g|
|Total sugars 10g|
|Added sugars 9g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|