NILLA Berries & Creme Brûlée Dip
Love creme brûlée? Try this dessert party dip! One giant dish of creamy vanilla and berry creme brûlée is served with vanilla wafers for dipping.
Prep time45 min
Total time3hr 45min
ServingsMakes 48 servings, 2 Tbsp. dip and 8 wafers each.
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 6 egg yolks
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup mixed fresh berries(blueberries, raspberries and cut-up strawberries)
- NILLA Wafers
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Mix cream and vanilla in microwaveable bowl until blended. Microwave on HIGH 3 min. or just until heated through.
- Whisk egg yolks, salt and 3/4 cup sugar in large bowl until blended. Slowly add about 1/2 cup warm cream mixture to egg mixture, whisking constantly. Continue to add remaining cream mixture while whisking constantly until mixture is well blended.
- Spray 10-inch quiche dish or pie plate with cooking spray; place in large shallow pan. Carefully pour cream mixture into prepared quiche dish. Add enough hot water to larger pan to have water come halfway up side of quiche dish.
- Bake 30 to 40 min. or until center is set. Carefully transfer quiche dish from water bath to wire rack; cool completely.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until chilled.
- Heat broiler when ready to serve the dip. Sprinkle remaining sugar over dip; shake dish to evenly spread sugar over top of dip.
- Broil, 4 to 6 inches from heat, 1 to 3 min. or until sugar is melted and golden brown. (Watch carefully to prevent sugar from burning.) Cool completely.
- Top dip with berries. Serve with wafers for dipping.
- Food Facts
Adding a small amount of the warm cream mixture to the egg mixture helps to temper the egg mixture to prevent the eggs from cooking from the heat.
Use a kitchen blow torch instead of the oven broiler to heat the sugar topping until golden brown.
This creamy dip can be refrigerated up to 3 days before topping with remaining sugar and broiling as directed.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 12g|
|Saturated fat 5g|
|Trans fat 0.5g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 16g|
|Added sugars 14g|
|Vitamin A||8 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|
|Vitamin D||2 %DV|