New York-Style Sour Cream-Topped Cheesecake
Philly meets NYC in this classic pairing of cheesecake and graham cracker crust. A deliciously sweetened sour cream layer ups the ante on this version.
Prep time15 min
Total time4hr 35min
ServingsMakes 16 servings.
- 1 cups HONEY MAID Graham Cracker Crumbs
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1¼ cups sugar, divided
- 4 pkg. (8 oz. each) brick cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp. vanilla, divided
- 1 container (16 oz.) sour cream, divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Mix crumbs, butter and 2 Tbsp. sugar; press onto bottom of pan.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 cup of the remaining sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla with mixer until well blended. Add 1 cup sour cream; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 40 min. or until center is almost set. Mix remaining sour cream, sugar and vanilla; carefully spread over cheesecake. Bake 10 min. Cool completely. Refrigerate 3 hours. Use foil handles to lift cheesecake from pan before cutting to serve. Top with berries.
- Better For You
Great news! You'll save 70 calories and 8 g of fat, including 6 g of saturated fat, per serving by preparing with margarine, Neufchatel cheese and reduced-fat sour cream.
Substitute 1-1/2 cups finely crushed OREO Cookies for the graham cracker crumbs.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 29g|
|Saturated fat 17g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 22g|
|Vitamin A||20 %DV|
|Vitamin C||20 %DV|