This refreshing pie, infusing lime gelatin with fresh mint, was inspired by Cuba's oldest cocktail "mojito."
Prep time25 min
Total time2hr 40min
ServingsMakes 8 servings.
- 18 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 1-3/4 cups)
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 1½ cups water, divided
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) lime gelatin
- ½ cup fresh mint
- 2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping
- 1 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Mix cookie crumbs and butter; press onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate.
- Bring 1 cup water to boil. Add to combined dry gelatin mix and mint in small bowl; stir 2 min. until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap; let stand 5 min. Stir in remaining water. Pour through strainer into medium bowl; discard mint leaves. Refrigerate gelatin 15 min. or until slightly thickened.
- Add COOL WHIP to gelatin; stir with whisk until well blended. Refrigerate 15 min. or until mixture will mound. Spoon into crust. Melt chocolate as directed on package. Drizzle over pie. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
Substitute 1 oz. semi-sweet chocolate for the drizzled melted chocolate.
- Better For You
Save 50 calories and 2 grams of fat per serving by preparing with Reduced Fat OREO Cookies, lime sugar free gelatin and frozen lite whipped topping.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 12g|
|Saturated fat 7g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 24g|
|Vitamin A||8 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|