Mocha Truffle Pie
A decadent mocha truffle layer covered with mocha whipped topping sits atop an OREO Cookie crust in this delicious dessert recipe that is the perfect end to any meal.
Prep time25 min
Total time4hr 25min
ServingsMakes 10 servings.
- 18 OREO Cookies, finely crushed
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, broken in half
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 6 Tbsp. mocha-flavored café-style beverage mix, divided
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping
- 1 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate, shaved
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place chocolate in medium bowl; set aside. Mix half-and-half, 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp.) flavored instant coffee and sugar in small saucepan. Bring just to boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; pour over chocolate. Let stand 2 min. Stir with whisk until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Add vanilla; mix well. Pour into crust; cover.
- Refrigerate 4 hours.
- Stir remaining flavored instant coffee into whipped topping; spread over pie. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish pie with shaved chocolate before serving.
Enjoy a serving of this cool pie on occasion. Since it makes enough to serve 10, it's the perfect dessert to serve at your next gathering of friends or family.
- Storage Know-How
Prepare recipe as directed; wrap tightly and freeze until ready to serve. Thaw in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 22g|
|Saturated fat 13g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 3g|
|Total sugars 27g|
|Added sugars 22g|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|