Mini NILLA Grilled Banana Boats
Prep time15 min
ServingsMakes 4 servings.
- 4 bananas, unpeeled
- 2 Tbsp. miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup miniature marshmallows
- 20 Mini NILLA Wafers, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup EACH: vanilla and strawberry ice cream
- 4 maraschino cherries
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Make deep lengthwise cut along inside curve of each banana, being careful to not cut through to opposite side. Place each banana on center of large sheet heavy-duty foil.
- Open bananas gently; top with chocolate chips, marshmallows and crushed wafers. Fold foil loosely to make 4 packets.
- Grill, filled sides up, 8 to 10 min. or until chocolate is melted and bananas are softened. Cut slits in foil to release steam before opening packets.
- Use small scoop or tablespoon to top bananas with ice cream. Garnish with cherries.
- Cook Over a Campfire
If cooking these over the open flame of a campfire, double wrap the filled bananas before placing over the fire.
- Use Your Oven
Heat oven to 400°F. Assemble banana boats as directed, omitting foil. Place on parchment-covered baking sheet. Bake 8 to 10 min. or until done.
- Special Extra
Top with thawed frozen whipped topping just before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 10g|
|Saturated fat 5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 4g|
|Total sugars 42g|
|Vitamin A||6 %DV|
|Vitamin C||20 %DV|