A classic Italian soup perfect for a cool night. Minestrone is a smart choice full of veggies, beans and shells just waiting to warm you up.
- 2 cans (14-1/2 oz. each) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked kidney beans (prepared without salt)
- 1 can (16 oz.) no-salt-added stewed tomatoes, undrained, coarsely chopped
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables
- ¼ cup shell macaroni, uncooked
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- PREMIUM Unsalted Tops Saltine Crackers
- Combine all ingredients except crackers in large saucepan. Bring to boil on medium-high heat.
- Simmer on medium-low heat 20 min. or until macaroni is tender.
- Serve with crackers.
Enjoy this warm-and-hearty low-fat soup for an excellent source of both vitamin A and dietary fiber and a good source of vitamin C, thanks to the combination of beans, tomatoes and vegetables.
Substitute 1 rinsed can (16 oz.) red kidney beans for the cooked dried kidney beans.
- Special Extra
Serve soup topped with grated Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 2g|
|Saturated fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 7g|
|Total sugars 7g|
|Vitamin A||60 %DV|
|Vitamin C||20 %DV|