Make-Ahead Broccoli, Cheese & Rice
Cheesy, creamy rice and broccoli get topped with buttery-tasting Ritz Crackers for a savory side you can make ahead of time so it's ready when you are.
Prep time10 min
ServingsMakes 12 servings, 1/2 cup each.
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups instant white rice, uncooked
- ½ lb. (8 oz.) VELVEETA®, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1½ Tbsp. butter
- 10 RITZ Crackers, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring broccoli and broth to boil in medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Stir in rice; cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 min. Stir in VELVEETA. Let stand, covered, 5 min. Stir until VELVEETA is completely melted. Spoon into microwaveable bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in small skillet on medium heat. Add cracker crumbs; cook 2 to 3 min. or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Cool completely. Stir in Parmesan; spoon into resealable plastic bag. Seal bag. Store at room temperature up to 24 hours.
- Cover broccoli mixture with waxed paper. Microwave on HIGH 5 to 6 min. or until broccoli mixture is heated through; stir. Sprinkle with crumb mixture. Microwave, uncovered, 2 to 3 min. or until heated through.
Prepare using 2% Milk VELVEETA.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7g|
|Saturated fat 3.5g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 3g|
|Vitamin A||25 %DV|
|Vitamin C||30 %DV|