Mac & Cheeseburger Poppers
Prep time40 min
Total time1hr 0min
ServingsMakes 32 servings, 1 popper and 1 tsp. sauce each.
- 1 pkg. (14 oz.) macaroni and cheese dinner
- ½ lb. ground beef
- 48 RITZ Crackers, finely crushed, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 oz. (1/4 of 16-oz. pkg.) pasteurized cheese product loaf, cut into 32 cubes
- oil for frying
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- Prepare macaroni and cheese in large saucepan as directed on package. Meanwhile, brown meat in skillet; drain.
- Add meat, 1 cup cracker crumbs and egg to macaroni and cheese; mix well. Cool 20 min.
- Shape macaroni mixture into 32 balls, using scant 1/4 cup macaroni mixture for each ball. Insert 1 cheese product cube into center of each ball, completely enclosing cube with macaroni mixture. Roll in remaining cracker crumbs until balls are evenly coated on all sides with crumbs.
- Place in single layer on waxed paper-covered baking sheet.
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 375°F. Add macaroni balls, a few at a time; cook 2 min. or until golden brown. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, mix ketchup and mustard until blended.
- Serve warm poppers with the ketchup mixture.
- Size Wise
Enjoy eating appetizers at a social occasion but be mindful of portion size so you don’t overdo it on calories.
- How to Bake
Heat oven to 375ºF. Prepare poppers as directed but do not cook in the hot oil. Instead place the balls in mini muffin pan cups sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 12 to 14 min. or until heated through.
- Make Ahead
Prepare poppers as directed but do not cook. Refrigerate up to 4 hours before cooking as directed.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 10g|
|Saturated fat 2g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 2g|
|Added sugars <1g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|