Mac & Cheese Jalapeño Poppers
Prep time25 min
ServingsMakes 30 servings.
- 1 pkg. (14 oz.) macaroni and cheese dinner
- 48 RITZ Crackers, finely crushed, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 2 tsp. chopped drained pickled jalapeño nacho slices
- ¼ lb. (4 oz.) pasteurized cheese product loaf, cut into 30 cubes
- vegetable oil for frying
- Prepare macaroni and cheese in large saucepan as directed on package. Add 1 cup cracker crumbs, egg, bacon and jalapeños; mix well. Cool 20 min.
- Shape macaroni and cheese mixture into 30 balls, using scant 1/4 cup macaroni mixture for each ball.
- Insert 1 cheese product cube into center of each ball, completely enclosing cube. Roll, 1 at a time, in remaining cracker crumbs until evenly coated.
- Place in single layer on waxed paper-covered baking sheet.
- Heat oil to 375°F in deep fryer. Add macaroni balls, a few at a time; cook 2 min. or until golden brown. Drain well.
- Serve warm.
If you don't have a deep fryer, you can cook the macaroni balls in hot oil in a large saucepan instead.
- Make Ahead
The macaroni balls can be prepared ahead of time. Refrigerate up to 4 hours before cooking as directed.
- Make it Easy
Use a small (1-oz.) ice cream scoop to portion the macaroni mixture for each popper.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7g|
|Saturated fat 2g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 2g|
|Added sugars <1g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|