Loaded Mashed Sweet Potato Dip
Looking for a fun, new Mexican dip? You may be surprised to love mashed sweet potatoes topped with cheeses, corn, beans, jalapeños and cilantro in this zesty party dip!
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes (about 2), peeled, cooked and mashed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses, divided
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (8 oz.) black beans, rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. chopped jalapeño peppers
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- WHEAT THINS Original Snacks
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix potatoes, cumin and garlic powder until blended; spread onto bottom of 2-qt. baking dish or 9-inch pie plate sprayed with cooking spray.
- Top with 3/4 cup cheese, corn, beans and remaining cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 min. or until dip is heated through and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with peppers and cilantro.
- Serve with WHEAT THINS.
The sweet potatoes add both flavor and an excellent source of vitamin A to this easy-to-make hot dip that can help you eat right.
Prepare using shredded pepper Jack cheese or reduced-fat shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese.
Serve with WHEAT THINS Big Snacks instead of the WHEAT THINS Original Snacks. Makes 24 servings, 2 Tbsp. dip and 11 WHEAT THINS Big Snacks each.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7g|
|Saturated fat 1.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 3g|
|Total sugars 6g|
|Vitamin A||20 %DV|
|Vitamin C||6 %DV|