Lemon Meringue Cheesecake
Prep time25 min
Total time6hr 45min
ServingsMakes 16 servings.
- 1½ cups HONEY MAID Graham Cracker Crumbs
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1¾ cups sugar, divided
- 3 lemons
- 4 eggs, divided
- 4 pkg. (8 oz. each) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ tsp. cream of tartar
- Heat oven to 325ºF.
- Mix crumbs, butter and 2 Tbsp. sugar; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Grate zest from 1 lemon, then squeeze 1/2 cup juice from all lemons. Separate 3 eggs.
- Beat cream cheese and 1 cup of the remaining sugar in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add sour cream and lemon juice; mix well. Add 1 whole egg and 3 yolks, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Stir in zest. Pour over crust.
- Bake 1 hour 10 min. or until center is set; remove from oven. Increase oven temperature to 400ºF.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in small bowl with mixer on high speed until foamy. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form; spoon onto cheesecake. Spread to completely cover top. Bake 8 to 10 min. or until golden brown. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours.
Since this indulgent cheesecake makes 16 servings it is the perfect dessert to serve at your next party!
- Lime Meringue Cheesecake
Prepare as directed, using 4 limes.
- Meringue Success
When spreading beaten egg whites over top of warm cheesecake, gently press egg whites to rim of pan to seal. (This will help prevent the baked meringue from shrinking.) Use back of spoon to swirl top to form peaks. Bake as directed.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 27g|
|Saturated fat 16g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 26g|
|Vitamin A||20 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|