Lemon Cream Pie
Prep time25 min
Total time4hr 50min
ServingsMakes 10 servings.
- 46 NILLA Wafers, finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) lemon instant pudding mix
- ¾ cup and 2 Tbsp. cold milk
- zest and 1/4 cup juice from 2 lemons, divided
- 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- ½ cup water
- 1 egg yolk
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix wafer crumbs and butter; press onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate. Bake 10 min.; cool.
- Beat pudding mix, 3/4 cup milk and zest in medium bowl with whisk 2 min. (Pudding will be thick.) Stir in 1-1/2 cups whipped topping. Spread onto bottom of crust.
- Beat cream cheese, remaining milk and 1/4 cup sugar in separate medium bowl. Stir in remaining whipped topping. Spread over pudding layer in crust.
- Mix remaining sugar and cornstarch in small saucepan. Stir in water and lemon juice; cook on medium heat 10 min. or until mixture is thickened and just comes to boil, stirring frequently. Add small amount to egg yolk in small bowl; stir until well blended. Gradually stir into remaining lemon mixture in saucepan; cook 1 min. or until heated through, stirring constantly. Strain, if necessary. Cool slightly.
- Spread lemon mixture over pie. Refrigerate 4 hours.
Substitute 26 LORNA DOONE Shortbread Cookies for the wafers.
- Better For You
Good news! You'll save 70 calories and 6 grams of total fat, including 4 grams of saturated fat, per serving by preparing with Reduced Fat NILLA Wafers, lemon fat-free sugar-free instant pudding mix, fat-free milk, Neufchatel cheese and lite whippped topping.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 22g|
|Saturated fat 14g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 39g|
|Vitamin A||10 %DV|
|Vitamin C||6 %DV|