Every sweet, chewy bite is better than the last. Prepped in just 10 minutes, this is what you're bringing next time.
Prep time10 min
Total time3hr 40min
ServingsMakes 20 servings, one square each.
- 35 NILLA Wafers, finely crushed (about 1-1/3 cups)
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅓ cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix wafer crumbs, 1/4 cup of the sugar, the butter and lemon peel until well blended. Press firmly into 8-inch square baking pan. Bake 8 min.
- Beat eggs and remaining 3/4 cup sugar in small bowl with wire whisk until thickened and well blended. Add lemon juice, flour, baking powder and salt; mix well. Pour over crust; sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake 25 to 30 min. or until center is set and top is lightly browned. Cool completely. Cover and refrigerate several hours or until chilled before cutting to serve. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.
- How to Make Mess-Free Wafer Crumbs
Crushing wafers into crumbs can be a messy task. To keep the crumbs contained, place the whole wafers in a resealable plastic bag. Squeeze the air from the bag, then seal the bag. Run a rolling pin back and forth over the wafers until finely crushed.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 4.5g|
|Saturated fat 2g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 13g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|