Layered Roasted Chickpea Dip
Homemade hummus is the base for this creamy dip topped with cucumbers, tomatoes, olives and feta cheese. Dip right into this Mediterranean staple with WHEAT THINS.
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed, divided
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek-style yogurt
- ½ cup tahini
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped cucumbers
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh mint
- WHEAT THINS Original Snacks
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Toss 1/2 cup chickpeas with 1 Tbsp. oil; spread onto rimmed baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 5 min. or until chickpeas are lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Process remaining chickpeas with yogurt, tahini, lemon juice and 1 Tbsp. of the remaining oil in food processor 1 min. or just until blended; spread onto bottom of serving dish.
- Top with roasted chickpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, cheese and mint. Drizzle with remaining oil.
- Serve with WHEAT THINS.
This Layered Roasted Chickpea Dip is sure to become a new favorite dip that fits into your balanced diet. When served with WHEAT THINS, it's a good source of fiber while providing 21 g of whole grains in each delicious serving.
- Make Ahead
These dip ingredients can be prepped ahead of time. Refrigerate the roasted chickpeas, chickpea mixture and chopped vegetables in separate containers up to 24 hours before using to assemble dip as directed.
Substitute quartered pear-shaped or cherry tomatoes for the chopped tomatoes.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 10g|
|Saturated fat 1.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 5g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|