Layered Mexican Street Corn Dip
Recreate the delicious flavors of Mexican street corn in a party appetizer with this creamy fresh corn dip seasoned with cilantro and Cotija cheese.
Prep time20 min
ServingsMakes 2 cups dip or 16 servings, 2 cups dip and 14 chips each.
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 2 ears corn on the cob, grilled, kernels removed from cob (about 1 cup)
- ¼ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. light sour cream
- 2 tsp. reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix, divided
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled Cotija cheese
- 2 limes, each cut into 10 wedges, divided
- RITZ Toasted Chips Original
- Spread Neufchatel cheese into 9x6-inch oval on serving plate; set aside.
- Cut kernels off the corn cobs; place kernels in medium bowl. Add mayonnaise, sour cream, 1-3/4 tsp. of the taco seasoning and 2 tsp. of the cilantro; mix well. Spoon over cream cheese layer. Sprinkle with the Cotija cheese.
- Squeeze 2 lime wedges over top of dip; sprinkle with the remaining taco seasoning mix and cilantro.
- Serve with the chips, and remaining lime wedges for squeezing over individual servings of the dip.
- How to Grill the Corn
Remove husks and silk from the ears of corn. Heat outdoor grill (or grill pan for indoor cooking) on medium-high heat. Place corn ears on the grill grate; cook 10 min. or until corn is evenly grill marked and kernels are tender, turning occasionally. Cool completely before cutting the kernels off the corn ears. You should get about 1 cup corn kernels from both ears of corn.
- Make it Easy
Substitute 1 cup thawed frozen street corn for the roasted fresh corn kernels.
Prepare recipe as directed, using one or more of the following substitutions: smoked paprika for the taco seasoning mix; and/or crumbled queso blanco, crumbled feta cheese or shredded Parmesan cheese for the Cotija cheese.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 9g|
|Saturated fat 3g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 4g|
|Added sugars 3g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|