Klaus' Baked Brie with Figs, Oranges & Pistachios
Looking for the best elegant appetizer for your holiday party? Warm baked brie with nuts, figs and honey is a delicious choice.
Prep time15 min
ServingsMakes 16 servings, 2 Tbsp. cheese spread and 11 WHEAT THINS each.
- 1 navel orange, divided
- 1 wheel Brie cheese (8 oz.)
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios
- ¼ cup chopped dried figs
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary sprigs
- 15 fresh cranberries
- WHEAT THINS Big Snacks
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Grate enough peel from orange to measure 1 tsp.; reserve for later use. Remove and discard remaining peel from orange. Section orange, then coarsely chop orange sections.
- Cover baking sheet with parchment paper; spray with cooking spray. Place cheese on prepared baking sheet. Use tip of sharp knife to score crisscross lines in top of cheese rind, being careful to not cut through to bottom of cheese.
- Combine nuts, figs, honey and 1/2 tsp. of the reserved orange zest; spoon onto top of cheese.
- Bake 10 to 12 min. or just until cheese is softened. Carefully transfer cheese to serving plate.
- Garnish top of cheese with remaining orange zest and a few rosemary sprigs. Arrange cranberries, chopped oranges and remaining rosemary sprigs around cheese to resemble a holiday wreath as shown in photo.
- Serve with the WHEAT THINS.
Prepare using a wheel of Camembert cheese.
Prepare using chopped almonds or pecans.
- Serving Suggestion
Serve with WHEAT THINS Original Snacks. Makes 16 servings, 2 Tbsp. cheese spread and 16 WHEAT THINS each.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 10g|
|Saturated fat 3.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 3g|
|Total sugars 9g|
|Added sugars 6g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||6 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|