"Just-Like-Mom's" Apple Crisp
Prep time15 min
ServingsMakes 6 servings, 1 cup each.
- ½ cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 3 HONEY MAID Honey Grahams, finely crushed (about 1/2 cup)
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup flour
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ⅓ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 5 Granny Smith apples, peeled, sliced (about 6 cups)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Mix oats, graham crumbs, 1/3 cup each brown sugar and flour, nuts, butter and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon until well blended; set aside.
- Mix 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2 Tbsp. flour and remaining cinnamon in large bowl. Add apples; toss to coat. Place in 8-inch square baking dish; sprinkle with oat topping.
- Bake 35 to 40 min. or until apples are tender. Cool slightly.
One serving of this warm, fruit crisp makes a nice dessert for an autumn night.
- How to Choose The Best Variety Of Apple
For eating or cooking, choose all-purpose apples, such as Cortland, Granny Smith, Jonathan, Fuji, Jonagold or McIntosh. For eating raw, choose Gala, Golden Delicious or Red Delicious. For cooking use, choose Rhode Island Greening, Rome Beauty or York Imperial.
- How to Make Graham Cracker Crumbs
Place grahams in large resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Crush grahams by using a rolling pin to roll back and forth over the bag.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 15g|
|Saturated fat 7g|
|Dietary fiber 3g|
|Total sugars 44g|
|Vitamin A||8 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|