Our sports-bar-worthy appetizer looks complicated. But trust us: These are as easy to make as they are to pop in your mouth. You'll love this spicy crispy starter.
Prep time30 min
ServingsMakes 24 servings.
- 24 fresh jalapeño peppers(about 2 lb.)
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 40 RITZ Crackers, finely crushed
- 2 cups oil
- Cut lengthwise slit in top of each pepper; remove and discard seeds and veins.
- Combine next 3 ingredients; spoon into peppers.
- Roll peppers in flour; dip in eggs, then roll in cracker crumbs until each pepper is evenly coated on all sides with each ingredient. Place in single layer in shallow pan.
- Refrigerate 15 min.
- Heat oil in medium saucepan to 375ºF.
- Add peppers, in batches; cook 3 min. or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm.
Prepare using Neufchatel cheese.
To serve as stuffed jalapeño halves instead of the stuffed whole peppers, cut peppers lengthwise in half; remove and discard seeds and veins. Fill peppers with cheese mixture, then coat and refrigerate as directed. Cook, in batches, in hot oil as directed, reducing the cooking time to 1 to 2 min. or until golden brown.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 12g|
|Saturated fat 5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber <1g|
|Total sugars 2g|
|Added sugars 0g|
|Vitamin A||10 %DV|
|Vitamin C||20 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|