Jalapeño Macaroni & Ham Bake
Mac and cheese is the ultimate crowd-pleaser. This version will have the crowd on its feet and cheering. Turn up the heat with jalapeños and ham baked right in.
Prep time10 min
Total time1hr 0min
ServingsMakes 8 servings.
- 2 pkg. (7-1/4 oz. each) macaroni and cheese dinner
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 15 slices deli-style honey ham, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 pepper Jack cheese slice, coarsely chopped
- 18 RITZ Crackers, crushed (about 3/4 cup)
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare Dinners in large saucepan as directed on package. Meanwhile, heat oil in medium skillet on medium heat. Add ham, onions, peppers and garlic; cook 5 min., stirring frequently.
- Add ham mixture to Dinners with eggs and chopped cheese; mix lightly. Mix cracker crumbs and parsley; stir half into Dinner mixture. Spoon into 2-qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake 35 min. or until center is set and casserole is heated through.
Serve with your favorite steamed vegetable.
Substitute a serrano chile or canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce for the jalapeño pepper.
- Jalapeño Macaroni & Ham Ring
Substitute a 12-cup fluted tube pan for the casserole dish. Spoon prepared Dinner mixture into prepared pan. Do not add remaining crumb topping. Bake as directed. Let stand 10 min. Unmold onto plate; sprinkle with crumb topping.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 24g|
|Saturated fat 7g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 7g|
|Vitamin A||25 %DV|
|Vitamin C||6 %DV|