Island Black Bean Hummus Toppers
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red onions
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) black beans, rinsed
- ¼ cup fresh cilantroleaves
- Zest and juice from 1 lime
- ½ tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 72 RITZ Crackers
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup EACH finely chopped avocados and red peppers
- Heat oil in medium skillet on medium heat. Add onions and jalapeño peppers; cook and stir 5 min. or until crisp-tender. Cool slightly.
- Spoon cooked vegetables into blender container. Add beans, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice and hot pepper sauce; blend until almost smooth.
- Spread bean mixture onto crackers just before serving; top with remaining ingredients.
Liven up any party with these low-sodium topped crackers, made with better-for-you products. Not only are they full of flavor, bit they're also a great choice for guests who are trying to eat right.
For a change of pace, spread bean mixture into 9-inch round on platter; cover with sour cream, leaving border around edge. Top with chopped avocados and red peppers. Surround with crackers.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 6g|
|Saturated fat 1.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Total sugars 2g|
|Added sugars <1g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||8 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|