Into-the-Net Basketball Cupcakes
Celebrate the big game or your favorite baller with these adorable basketball desserts. Using a boxed cake mix, OREO Cookies and purchased icing makes this an easy layup!
Prep time20 min
Total time1hr 41min
ServingsMakes 24 servings.
- 32 OREO Cookies, divided
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 1 container (16 oz.) ready-to-spread white frosting
- 18 drops EACH red and yellow food coloring
- 1 Tbsp. EACH brown and red decorating icing
- 2 Tbsp. white decorating icing
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Chop 8 cookies; reserve remaining cookies for later use.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package; stir in chopped cookies. Spoon into 24 paper-lined muffin pan cups.
- Bake 18 to 21 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 5 min. Remove cupcakes from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Spoon white frosting into medium bowl. Add red and yellow food colorings; mix well. Spread about 1 tsp. orange frosting onto top of each of the reserved cookies; spread remaining orange frosting onto cupcakes.
- Spoon brown decorating icing into small resealable plastic bag. Repeat in separate bags with red and white icings. Cut small piece off one bottom corner of each bag.
- Use brown icing to decorate tops of cookies to resemble basketballs. Draw a curved red line on top of each cupcake with red icing to resemble a basketball hoop. Use white icing to draw lines for the nets. Place decorated cookies on tops of cupcakes to resemble basketballs being dunked in the nets.
- Size Wise
In addition to being easy to make, these fun sports-themed treats are portion controlled for easy serving.
- Special Extra
Add a little sparkle to your cupcakes by sprinkling orange colored sugar onto the frosted cupcakes and/or cookies.
Prepare using your favorite flavor of cake mix and/or variety of OREO Cookies.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 10g|
|Saturated fat 2.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber <1g|
|Total sugars 28g|
|Added sugars 28g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|