Hot Chocolate-Brownie Cupcakes
Prep time20 min
Total time1hr 8min
ServingsMakes 24 servings.
- 30 CHIPS AHOY! Cookies
- 1 pkg. (19 to 21 oz.) brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow creme
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray 24 muffin pan cups with cooking spray. Press 1 cookie onto bottom of each cup. (No problem if cookies crack.) Cut remaining cookies into quarters.
- Prepare brownie batter as directed on package; spoon into cups. Bake 15 to 18 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out with fudgy crumbs. (Do not overbake.) Cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese, marshmallow cream and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add whipped topping and cocoa powder; beat just until blended. Spread onto cupcakes; top with marshmallows. Keep refrigerated. Insert 1 cookie piece into side of each cupcake to resemble coffee mug just before serving.
- How to Easily Decorate Cupcakes
Spoon frosting into pastry bag fitted with decorating tip. (Or, spoon frosting into resealable plastic bag. Cut off small corner from bottom of bag.) Pipe frosting onto cupcakes. For variety, omit cocoa powder and marshmallows. Sprinkle frosted cupcakes with chocolate or multi-colored sprinkles, colored sugar or nonpareils.
Prepare using 1/2 cup (1/2 of 8-oz. tub) cream cheese spread.
- Special Extra
Dust with additional cocoa powder just before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 12g|
|Saturated fat 4.5g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 27g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|