Homemade Graham "Candy Bars"
A copy of your favorite candy bar, you'll love the layers of marshmallow, caramel, chocolate and nuts over HONEY MAID Grahams in this dessert.
Prep time35 min
Total time1hr 0min
ServingsMakes 50 servings.
- 10 HONEY MAID Honey Grahams
- 2 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, divided
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- 7 Tbsp. canned evaporated milk, divided
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow creme
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 pkg. (11 oz.) caramels
- 1½ cups salted peanuts
- Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides; spray with cooking spray. Place grahams in single layer on bottom of prepared pan, cutting as necessary to fit. Coarsely crush trimmed pieces; reserve for later use.
- Microwave half of the chocolate and 1/4 cup peanut butter in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 min. or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring every 30 sec. Spread chocolate mixture evenly over grahams in pan; freeze 10 min.
- Bring sugar, butter and 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp.) evaporated milk to boil in small saucepan on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Boil 6 min. without stirring. Remove pan from heat. Add marshmallow creme, vanilla and 1/4 cup of the remaining peanut butter; stir until marshmallow creme is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Pour over chocolate-covered grahams; spread with spatula if necessary to completely cover grahams. Freeze 10 min.
- Microwave caramels and remaining milk in microwaveable bowl 1-1/2 to 2 min. or until caramels are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after each minute. Pour over marshmallow creme mixture in pan; spread to completely cover marshmallow creme layer.
- Top with peanuts; gently press peanuts into caramel mixture with back of spoon. Freeze 10 min.
- Microwave remaining chocolate and peanut butter in microwaveable bowl 1-1/2 min. or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring every 30 sec. Pour over peanut layer in pan; spread to completely cover peanut layer. Top with reserved crushed grahams.
- Freeze 15 to 20 min. before cutting into bars to serve.
- How to Easily Cut the Dessert into Bars
This dessert cuts best when still slightly frozen. Use a warmed serrated knife to cut the dessert into bars, wiping the knife blade clean between each cut.
- How to Store
Store cut bars in airtight container in freezer up to 1 month. When ready to serve, remove desired number of bars from freezer; place on serving plate. Refrigerate up to 2 hours.
Prepare using your favorite variety of HONEY MAID Grahams, such as Chocolate or Cinnamon, and/or your favorite coarsely chopped salted nuts, such as almonds, cashews, hazelnuts or pecans.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 8g|
|Saturated fat 2.5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 15g|
|Added sugars 13g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|
|Vitamin D||0 %DV|