Holiday OREO Cookie Tree
Prep time15 min
ServingsMakes 15 servings.
- 8 oz. green candy coating wafers
- 1 tsp. oil
- 15 OREO Cookies, divided
- ¼ tsp. holiday nonpareils (green, red and white)
- ½ oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 30 miniature candy-coated chocolate pieces
- Microwave candy coating wafers and oil in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min. or until wafers are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring every 30 sec.
- Cover baking sheet with parchment. Insert wooden pop stick into filling in center of 1 cookie. Dip all cookies, 1 at a time, into coating mixture, turning to evenly coat both sides of each cookie; gently shake cookie to remove excess coating. Arrange cookies on prepared baking sheet to resemble Christmas tree as shown in photo; sprinkle with nonpareils.
- Spoon melted semi-sweet chocolate into resealable plastic bag, cut small piece off one bottom corner of bag. Use to pipe lines onto "tree" to resembles wires for Christmas lights. Add candy-coated chocolate pieces for the lights.
- Refrigerate 30 min. or until coating is firm.
- Size Wise
The holidays are full of fun activities. Making and sharing this edible treat that's perfect for a special occasion is just one of them.
Once candy coating is firm, transfer cookies to serving tray.
- How to Store
Cookie tree can be stored, at room temperature, for up to 2 weeks before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 8g|
|Saturated fat 5g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 0g|
|Total sugars 16g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|