Holiday Cranberry Orange Trifle
Make this trifle the centerpiece of your Christmas dessert table with its layers of cranberry and orange, white chocolate pudding and vanilla wafers.
Prep time30 min
Total time5hr 30min
ServingsMakes 16 servings, about 2/3 cup each.
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Zest and juice of 1 orange, divided
- 4 cups fresh cranberries, divided
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 pkg. (4-serving size each) white chocolate instant pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 63 NILLA Wafers, divided
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in medium saucepan. Add orange juice; stir until cornstarch is dissolved. Add 3-1/2 cups cranberries and cinnamon sticks; stir.
- Bring to boil on medium heat, stirring frequently. Simmer on medium-low heat 3 to 5 min. or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in orange zest.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until completely cooled. Remove and discard cinnamon sticks.
- Beat pudding mixes and milk in large bowl with whisk 2 min. Let stand 5 min.; stir in 2 cups whipped topping.
- Place 16 wafers on bottom of 10- to 12-cup straight-sided clear glass trifle dish.
- Layer half EACH of the pudding and cranberry mixtures in prepared dish. Arrange 30 of the remaining wafers over cranberry mixture and around side of dish. Cover with layers of the remaining pudding and cranberry mixtures. Top with 16 of the remaining wafers and remaining whipped topping.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until chilled.
- Garnish with remaining wafer and cranberries just before serving.
- Special Extra
Garnish trifle with small fresh rosemary sprigs and a few orange zest twists before serving.
- Special Extra
For a special garnish, moisten the 1/2 cup cranberries with water, then roll in additional sugar. Let stand until sugar coating is dried before adding cranberries to top of trifle.
Combine 16-oz. can whole berry cranberry sauce with 1 Tbsp. orange zest and 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon. Use instead of the homemade cranberry relish.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 7g|
|Saturated fat 4g|
|Trans fat 0g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 43g|
|Added sugars 37g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|
|Vitamin D||2 %DV|