Holiday Cheese Truffles
They may look as cute as holiday chocolates, but these mini cheese balls are made for those of us who love a little cayenne and sharp cheddar on our party plate.
Prep time15 min
Total time4hr 15min
ServingsMakes 24 servings, 2 truffles and 5 crackers each.
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- dash ground red pepper (cayenne)
- ¼ cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⅔ cups chopped pecans
- SOCIABLES Crackers
- Beat first 4 ingredients with mixer until blended. Divide in half. Add peppers to half, and onions to remaining half; mix each until blended.
- Refrigerate several hours or until chilled.
- Shape each mixture into 24 (1-inch balls); roll in nuts. Serve with crackers.
Enjoy a single serving of these indulgent holiday treats.
- Special Extra
Try these other coatings for these tasty truffles -- sesame seed, chopped fresh parsley, paprika and your favorite shredded cheese.
Prepare as directed, using one of the following options: Festive Wreath: Alternately arrange different flavored truffles in a large circle on platter to resemble a holiday wreath. Create a decorative bow out of green onion strips; use to garnish wreath. Cheese Logs: Roll each half into 6-inch log, then roll in desired coatings.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat 19g|
|Saturated fat 7g|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Total sugars 2g|
|Vitamin A||10 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|